1. Articulate at least four fundamental aspects of hypertension epidemiology in the United States.
2. Provide an explanation for the relatively poor compliance with blood pressure management approaches.
3. Describe a ten-step approach to controlling blood pressure utilizing non-pharmacological strategies.
4. List three key dietary strategies that can help individuals control blood pressure.
5. Enumerate three common classes of beverages that tend to foster high blood pressure-- along with the mechanisms responsible for their blood-pressure-raising effects.
Approximately 90% of Americans are destined to have hypertension, “the leading risk factor globally for mortality” according to the WHO. Nonetheless, conflicting guidelines and issues with medication side effects and non-compliance have left many clinicians searching for better strategies. In this presentation we’ll cover data supporting optimal guidelines and lifestyle and strategies for non-pharmacologic blood pressure optimization, suitable for clinical practices and church-based health ministry.
October 26, 2018, 2:00 PM
Free sharing permitted under the Creative Commons BY-NC-ND 3.0 (US) license.